Friday, March 27, 2009

Generic Value Products conditioning balm from Sally's

Yay yay yay it's time for my fave :) This is the Sally's brand knock off of Matrix Biolage conditioning balm. It runs about $6.00 and I am in love with it. I couldn't get a decent picture of it...sorry.

Kathymack is first up today:
"
Sally's GVP. I haven't used the Sally's version, but I think I've used the Walgreen's version. It was adequate. I didn't find it moisturizing enough, so gave it away."


DEL2C said:

"GVP is amazing stuff! So balmy and slippery really great conditioner. I can't use it all the time or I get over-conditioned but it makes a great DT or rinse out when you need some extra moisture."

Curlyjenn10 is next:
" I haven't tried the original, so I can't compare between the two. I am currently on my second bottle of this conditioner. I picked it up a few months ago when my hair needed some moisture. I use it as a rinse-out and part of a DT. It's pretty thick and sometimes I have a hard time getting it out of the bottle. The smell is ok too.

In the beginning, back when it was much colder outside, it had a good amount of slip and my hair looked great. Recently our temperatures have been in the 70s and 80s with dew points anywhere from the 40s to the 60s. I'm finding that I don't get the slip I used to until I start to rinse it out. I let it sit in a clip for a few minutes during my shower, then take it down and barely run my head under the water. For some reason that works and it feels good and is easy to de-tangle. This is probably all just me though - my hair is weird! I'm not sure how long I'll keep this in my routine as I did much better with lighter conditioners last summer. Plus our weather is crazy (it's back down to the 50s today!)."

Now I get to rant a little:
This conditioner saved my hair this winter. After the protein fiasco I was trying to find a good conditioner that would de-tangle my hair as at the time tangles were my biggest problem. The GVP was my HG. It brought my curls back to life and gave me the moisture I was so desperately lacking. My hair became shiny and I was getting compliments on it all the time (still do on GVP days). I did become over conditioned but I was a dummy and used it every day. An ACV rinse and I was back to normal. I still use this conditioner two or three times a week and there is nothing like it. More slip than any other conditioner I've used by far. It de-tangles like a dream. I agree with curlyjenn10 that sometimes it's hard to get out of the bottle so I leave my bottle upside-down in my shower caddy. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment